Mama India invites you to explore ancient Indian guided vocal sessions & meditative sound/yoga experience known as Naad ("Nāda")
Naad yoga (नादयोग) is an ancient Indian metaphysical system to achieve Nirvana. Some consider it a revolutionary voice culture, a philosophical system, a medicine, as well as a form of yoga. The intensive work with human sound helps to create healing vibrations inside the body.
This course includes practicing different Ragas with ‘Dhrupad’ (the most ancient Indian classical music) technology and other sound yoga practices, Vedic Chants and Prana (breath) exercises.
No prior experience is necessary to attend a workshop :)
Every session is uniquely designed where you will learn:
• Indian Classical Vocals, Ragas and Vedic Sanskrit Mantra Chanting
• Awareness of the energy centers in our body (called Chakras)
• Frequencies that connect and harmonize us with nature
• Producing authentic and powerful sound naturally
• Treating our bodies as a divine instrument
• Healing aspects from this style of singing
• Elevating consciousness to a higher state
• Establishing a deeper unity between outer and inner cosmos
• Benefits in relation to emotional, psychological and spiritual conditions
Mama India is on a mission to heal people with this 3000+ year old musical art form. Originally performed for India's Kings and Queens, highly sophisticated Royal Audiences and members of the Royal Court, she wants to share this ancient vocal practice with everyone :)
“DHRUPAD Voice Culture is a part of the CA Creative Corps, which is generously supported by the California Arts Council and administered by Community Partners.”